The videos in this module all demonstrated ways to conduct a classroom with balanced literacy. I like that this module was focused completely on videos, and I think that each of the videos brought something interesting to a balanced literacy approach. The literacy centers provided are good examples of how students may work in small groups or pairs to complete centers. My students especially enjoy centers or partner work. They usually do a nice job of staying on task and completing their assigned work. I like how interactive group work and partner work is, because every child has a goal and a responsibility in the group. Overall, centers are very engaging to every student.
I think the Debbie Diller Spaces and Places book sounds wonderful. Whenever I rearrange my room, I struggle with
how to arrange it so that my room is still easily accessible to all students. I frequently find myself arranging and
rearranging my classroom as I consider changes that will be helpful in some way
to the room. I think the pictures and
examples provided in the book would be great to view as I prepare for a change
in my room.
My students also enjoy working with each other in partner and group activities. Sometimes they can get off task, however, I redirect them and remind them about the task at hand. Although, they can get off task for a few moments, they are often engaged. I can tell they are really enjoying the activities. They enjoy the collaboration with their peers.
ReplyDelete