Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Trip to Brazil



Differentiation is key to every age level and every group of students.  It’s difficult to think about an effective classroom that does not in some way have differentiation.  I differentiate in my room regularly.  I’m constantly looking for new opportunities and different ways to differentiate in my classroom.  The newest way I’m looking to do this is through Promethean’s ActivExpressions.  The form of differentiation that I want to learn more about is assessment.  Differentiating assessment in the fifth grade level makes me more nervous because county, state, and national assessments are not differentiated for the students.  At the end of the quarter or year, depending upon the test, students are all held accountable for being able to complete the same assessments.  I want to differentiate assessments in my room while still ensuring that my students are well prepared for assessments required by others.  

I thoroughly enjoyed the trip to Brazil.  I was unaware before the trip about all that Brazil has to offer.  My favorite video was “The World Meets in Brazil.”  It was simple and showed many of the truly beautiful places in Brazil.  I like that the trips to Brazil are engaging and interesting to watch.  I definitely see the advantages of taking a class of students on a virtual field trip to various places in the world.  This trip made me actually want to visit Brazil, but while that may not be in my future plans, I’m at least very excited to watch the Olympics unfold there in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment